This page will explain the process through which you create your Memory Medallions.
- Begin with a Logo or photo image that can be changed into a Black & White image.
- Decide the Size, considering the amount of detail. Target size is 1″ to 1.5″.
- A Master/Artist’s Proof is created in Sterling Silver, 15% larger than size desired.
- Using the Master, a silicone Mold is made from which wax duplicates are created.
- The wax duplicates are cast in Sterling Silver. Minimum of 10 is required.
- Jumpring Bales are added to top for Necklaces, Keyrings, etc.
After casting, the Medallions are polished to a high polish and a patina is added for depth. The Mold is good for hundreds of wax duplicates. Below is a Slide Show that shows the casting process so you can see what is involved in lost wax casting.
And here are a couple of examples of Memory Medallions
Please use the Contact Form below to begin your Memory Medallion creation: